Gathering Space for Mindfulness Professionals
Witnessing the integration of mindfulness practice with modern, digital life & engaging in dialogue with those who bring the practice to diverse populations.
Engage in dialogue and collaborative efforts
Work together to develop and focus on ethical standards
Continue a dedication to authentic practice
This Community was created by Sherri & Erin to:
1. Curate a dynamic online community for mindfulness professional to engage in dialogue and collaborative e orts in the emerging field of mindfulness. is group would rely on strong and ongoing research, ethical standards, and authentic practice.
2. Collaborate and share knowledge and experiences about the multidisciplinary work and practice about bringing mindfulness into almost every professional designation and communities across North America and beyond.
3. Provide opportunities for members to come together to share in contemplative practices, community, and how we collectively share our compassionate hearts in our work, with others, and in the world around us.
4. Provide an online platform (website, social media, podcast, blogging...) for members to share their information and engage the public in the growing field of research in contemplative neuroscience and applied mindfulness.
5. Engage with others as compassionate citizens who are witnessing the complicated and complex issues facing our world today and to be mindful of the shifts happening in the various sectors so we can individually and collectively provide the space and opportunities to share stories for innovation and social change to end suffering.
Sherri Henderson is a life-long learner who loves adventure. During her undergraduate studies, she lived and worked in communities in Alberta and the NWT. She spent her summers in the Arctic as a community developer and after graduation she worked as an Indigenous language consultant and researcher.
Sherri more recently completed a Master's in Arts in Mindfulness through Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts with a focus on Digital Mindfulness. She currently works as a Policy Analyst in collaboration with Indigenous peoples of Alberta, and has successfully owned her own business, Wisdom Tree Media Inc, for over 9 years. Wisdom Tree Media Inc offers editorial, writing & graphic design work, as well as the importance of brain development in early childhood, and mindfulness practices for positive mental health and wellbeing.
In Sherri’s spare time she loves spending time with her two boys, traveling, music, and spending time hiking, kayaking, skiing, or camping in the mountains.
Erin Sheehan began meditating years ago as a new mother, and is now dedicated to bringing the practice to people of all ages. She is the mother to four young children and especially interested in bringing balance to a fast-paced, digital culture with finding good and intentional silence.
Erin is passionate about bringing mindfulness to children, adolescents, teens, and their parents to help balance digital culture.
Erin recently graduated completed a Master's in Artis in Mindfulness in Studies from Lesley University where she focused on childhood development and digital mindfulness.
Mindfulness Summit 2018
We are busy planning the details of our first Mindfulness Summit for professionals to gather together in person, collaborate, and practice.
Sign up below for email updates on all things Summit 2018.